Sima Is Training Individually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matondo as sub and to %^*& with their heads, play him on the right when he comes on. Let Sima play around with that goggle eyed fuckwit at right back until he’s had enough then fire Rabbi on the left to fire in a screamer again.

Understand what you’re saying, but the alternative options aren’t that great.

We need to have a go at them. It’s the only way to get a victory.
Have a go, yes, from around the 70 minute mark. These two as impact subs, if the game’s all square, would be perfect. Go for it from the first whistle, and we’ll be routed as usual.

At this of the year, go for it and take the risk. As Clement has said the league is a marathon and we are now staring at the finish line and it’s time to get the legs going and sprint at it.

Start Sima, try and get 60/65 mins out of him and then get Matondo on to keep the pace and pressure up. McAusland on the right and just get at them.

What have others seen in Silva to justify he starts at the piggery? Sure Dessers has been honking at times but he has 20 goals. Silva has barely kicked his own arse, looks rash and his histrionics in the last game means he will be a stick on yellow card / get f-all from the ref

I’d not risk either from the start but would be great to have them as options from the bench.

I’m coming round to the idea of the 4 3 2 1 with
Sterling, Lundstram and Dio in the middle with Cantwell and Lawrence behind Dessers

If both are able to play but not fully fit then I'd go Sima first half and Matondo second half.

I don’t think Matondo holds the ball anywhere near well enough to start a game like this.

What have others seen in Silva to justify he starts at the piggery? Sure Dessers has been honking at times but he has 20 goals. Silva has barely kicked his own arse, looks rash and his histrionics in the last game means he will be a stick on yellow card / get f-all from the ref
Silva has been terrible but a more open game might actually benefit him.

Matondo is better as a sub, he very rarely makes an impact when he starts. Sima I would but I doubt he'll be ready.

That is too simplistic a view

It’s more what he is doing off the ball, A player with his pace is naturally pushing the fullback deeper, it affects the opposition set up, they all can’t all push up when you have players with the pace of say Matondo and Sima.

The final v Hearts was a classic example, the Hearts LB was sitting real deep, as soon as Sima went off and McAusland came on he pushed 30 yards up the park knowing he wasn’t getting beat in a race and made McCausland defend

Hence the reason we see Scott Wright randomly flung in, not for what he does on the ball the fact he puts doubt in the fullback mind knowing only once he has to run passed him. As a result Johnston fouled him about 5 times the first half.

Gerrard knew the value of pace wide, some of his best results particularly in Europe were with the likes of Barker, Ojo, Jones and even Wright out wide.

Maeda can be one of their most productive players, not because he is a good footballer, merely a fast strong runner.

There's an argument for a more combative midfield three in a game like this.
Sterling, Lundstram and Diomande would be preferable to Cantwell or Lawrence in there for me.
110%

These games are won and lost in the midfield. Gerrard understood this and Clement needs to do the same.

Embarrassing a Rangers captain needing help against that dud.
Hes definately not a dud. Awful player for sure but his pace causes us serious issues. We have pace too in Cortes, matondo sima and danilo but unfortunately all unfit atm. Said it before injuries will cost us the title. Quelle surprise the bheggers are at full strength going into the business end of the season. Always happens

Silva just had one of his better games for us yesterday - I think he'll start no matter who is fit.

Can't see Sima making it sadly. Matondo from the bench would be a good option to have.
Silva while having a decent game, will be the target from their crowd. It’ll inevitably get to him and the ref will give him nothing

If both are fit I’d probably look to start them.

It’s a one off all or nothing must win match.
If half fit, get them out there.

Our lack of pace currently hampers us so much. Getting pacey options starting for us in the forward line gives them something to think about.

110%

These games are won and lost in the midfield. Gerrard understood this and Clement needs to do the same.
Don't get me wrong mate, I like us playing with a ten when we're playing against teams defending all the time but like you say it- n these games the vast majority of the time it's won or lost in the midfield battle

Folk saying Sima will never be fit?

I'll take the simplistic thinking and say it's only been two weeks since he got the injury so it couldn't have been that bad a strain in the first place.

It's time to roll the dice Phil, its now or never.

Hes definately not a dud. Awful player for sure but his pace causes us serious issues. We have pace too in Cortes, matondo sima and danilo but unfortunately all unfit atm. Said it before injuries will cost us the title. Quelle surprise the bheggers are at full strength going into the business end of the season. Always happens
Awful player but not a dud?

Im trying to not get my hopes up

Phil strikes me as a manager who won’t play a player if he’s only 70% fit

Just do it Rangers

No, Sterling in midfield with Lundstram and Diomande.
And I’d be tempted to go with Silva ahead of Dessers, too.

Actually, scrap that, right now, if Matondo and Sima are fit, I’m thinking a 4-1-3-2:

Matondo Sima

Raskin Diomande Sterling
Lundstram

Yilmaz Souttar Balogun Tavernier

Butland
Those two up front against that defence? You dirty dirty bastard. Yes please.

If matondo and sima are fit then they both have to start. The way we’ve been starting at parkhead recently it would be pointless bringing them off the bench for an “impact” when the game could already be done. Drop silva and sterling into midfield. Also hopefully barisic is crocked so that we’re forced to play yilmaz

Teams who have caused them the most problems have sat in tight to start with.
They start like rabid animals against us especially at home

We actually need someone with pace to keep going king and run into channels pulling their defence and midfield back

It's going to be a long, long week with all these mental suggestions.

Matondo has shown numerous times he is not a starter, never mind coming back from injury, and double never mind playing as part of a front two.

Sima may be training individually, but there's a world of distance between that, and being thrown in to the frontline at the beggar dome.

I get people are grasping for any positivity, but lets get real.

We will have a front three of Silva, Dessers and Sterling

A midfield of Cantwell, Lundstram and Diomande
Back 4 of Ridvan/Barasic Balogun/DAvies Souttar and Tav

Goalkeeper will be SJB

Was yilmaz not training on his own for 2 weeks before evwn training with the team. Fantasy stuff to think either will be back this weekend. The cup final but would be great

I’d be severely tempted to play him even if he’s had a couple of days training.

We should drop Cantwell, move Sterling on to McGregor, play Sima left and McCausland right. Ridvan obviously in and the rest the same.

Can't see any way Sima makes it. Encouraging news looking ahead to the Cup Final though.

Matondo is a different scenario. Been training a wee while now so surely ready for some minutes at least. I suspect we will go with Silva again, but Matondo off the bench might pay dividends if we are still in the match last half hour.

Start Sima get what you can put of him, bring Matondo on as the game gets stretched.

Must be a big risk to start Sima but needs must and I think if his hammy is okay he will start

It’s a must win game so we will need to take the gamble and play him

Whether it’s on LW or striker in place of Dessers will be down to the manager

It could backfire though if he plays and aggravates the injury and keeps up out for the rest of the season but I think it’s a risk worth taking

At this of the year, go for it and take the risk. As Clement has said the league is a marathon and we are now staring at the finish line and it’s time to get the legs going and sprint at it.

Start Sima, try and get 60/65 mins out of him and then get Matondo on to keep the pace and pressure up. McAusland on the right and just get at them.

Problem there is that Sima is not our player for us to make that call.

Must be a big risk to start Sima but needs must and I think if his hammy is okay he will start

It’s a must win game so we will need to take the gamble and play him

Whether it’s on LW or striker in place of Dessers will be down to the manager

It could backfire though if he plays and aggravates the injury and keeps up out for the rest of the season but I think it’s a risk worth taking
It may well be that Brighton have a say in that. They won't want his hamstring going again. I recall Big Phil saying after the last injury that we would be talking to Brighton about it.

I certainly wouldn’t start Matondo, he is far better coming off the bench.

Sima, even on the bench, would be a nice bonus, can’t see it though

if Roofe could give us 90 minutes, I'd play him alongside Dessers or Sima because he's somebody who can potentially get you a goal. Even if he doesn't make the next game, it might be worth the risk. Matondo I'd always start off the bench, has the pace to cause trouble

no idea why nobody does the two upfront in the SPL when a lot of the time it can be benefical, certainly against the smaller teams

If Sima can play even one half then he simply has to start.

History tells us that more often than not the team who scores first will win. Although those obviously isn't an exact science it clearly massively improves your chances. For once we need to take command of the ame instead of throwing guys on in the second half looking to get back into it.

The good thing is he was already match fit and has only been out for a couple of weeks. As long as the injury has healed he should be ready fairly quickly. It's a must win game, he needs to feature against them, he's our biggest goal threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back